Sunday 23 February 2014

Drugstore Haul, phone case and piercing!

Bonjour mes amis!
So Friday, before a friend's birthday meal and another friend's party, I popped to town to see if I could find an outfit and to get some more makeup. Sadly, I am still losing the war on clothes and I soon gave up after looking in Ark, New Look and Topshop.
BUT, I always have a little money for make-up, and since it was 3-for-2 in Boots, why the hell not?
PS- Ignore my horrific nails, they look much worse than usual.






Colourburst Matte Balm - £7.99 - Revlon
I really love this product, I read Isobel's blog post on this and as I'd seen her wearing it, I thought I'd have to at least give it a go. So I got this in 'shameless', and on the lips it's similar to the Kate lipstick I have, but I have lost that so, never mind. It stays really well and doesn't feel sticky or dry out the lip. 




Baby Skin - £7.99 - Maybelline
I won't write much on this because I'm hoping to do a review, but I love this and I'd read so many posts praising this product that I had to buy it.




Miss Manga Mascara - £8.99 - L'Oreal
I'm not going to lie, I don't really like this or think its worth the nine quid, the bendy brush is way too bendy and makes you splash mascara all over your face, I'll continue to use it to really see, but I don't recommend.





Case and Piercing - ... - The Owl & The Pussycat, The Forum in Sheffield
There's a story behind the case and the piercing. Basically, I ordered the case before Christmas, and lovely Lisa, who makes them and owns her beautiful little piercing shop, said that since she had so many to make it was likely that it would be after Christmas. So I emailed her after Christmas asking the progress and seeing when it was likely to be done, and she was in the process of making the case when disaster struck! The case wasn't the same plastic as the other cases she makes, and so once it dried, everything just peeled right off it! So we had to wait for another case to arrive, and also a special glue, and then Lisa made it again offering it to me for free and also a free piercing. I actually wanted a microdermal or my tongue piercing but I couldn't have them because of work. I thought my belly button would be best because it could also be a little inspiration for me to get thin for the summer, wooo. So since it's taken 2 and a half months-ish to get the case made I'm super happy with the result. HOWEVER - the case is still a weird material and so the edges have started peeling already. I've emailed to see if there's anything I can do without taking it back, don't want to be too much of a bothered since my phone has caused so much hassle.
Also, I have a wonky belly button, the piercing looks wonky because of this, haha oops!

Click here to go to Lisa's tumblr where you can see her work!


SO there you have it. I meant to post it Friday before I went out but I couldn't, and Saturday I worked all day, so sorry about that..
see ya later!
em xo

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I nominated you for the Liebster Award!!!
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award.html
    congrats and have a good day!

    ~A

    ReplyDelete