Friday 31 January 2014

Drugstore haul!

Bonjour mes amis!
First proper blog post! Ooo exciting stuff.  NEW PURCHASES... oof my favourite phrase. I really, really love shopping, as I'm sure all of you do too. I've been on a little spree today with Isobel (she bought much more than I did!) and I've gathered a few items that I've bought recently and absolutely adore so far! Lets just say my bank account has a little hole where the money should be.. I apologise greatly, before you see the photos, that they weren't taken in natural light and so they kinda sucks. Booo winter nights, booooo.
Anyway, I've been wanting a few of these products for a while, and over the past week I've finally bought them and had a little try with them. If you want a more in-depth review about any of the products let me know! (Please ignore the camera strap)


So, onto today's purchases!



1. Big Eyes by Eyestudio - Maybelline £4.99
So this was really an impulse buy, as I was trying to decide between this or the 24HR Colour Tattoo, but I really liked these shadows because they're very pigmented and bright - and cheap! I like bright shadows, although I don't wear them very often and if I'm completely honest, I don't know when I'll wear this , but whatever! Who cares! The colours are pretty and bright, and I'm sure I'll find some way to wear them.




2. Khol Pencil in 23 - Barry M £2.99
3. Eyebrow Definer Lasting Colour in 1 Black - Collection £1.99(?)
I haven't tried the pink khol pencil yet as I only bought it today, but I'm super excited to use it! It's taken me ages to find a pencil that I could use for my brows that would match my pink hair and VOILA! Found one today! I'll let you know how it goes. Now, the black eyebrow definer, I have to say, I don't like very much at all. It's not a pencil and so to make the end sharp you have to roll it around. I don't know, I just don't like it. But I do like it as a lip liner for my black lipstick so I'll just use it as that.



(order according to swatches)
4. Lasting Finish by Kate in 16 - Rimmel £5.49
5. Moisture Renew in 360 'As You Want Victoria' - Rimmel £6.49
6. Moisture Renew in 180 'Vintage Pink' - Rimmel £6.49
I bought all these lipsticks from Boots on a '3-for-2' offer because I was on the search initially for a lipstick just a little darker than my natural lip colour (180). I really adore these lipsticks, especially the Lasting Finish in 16, I really love the colours and they really last. They only need a little touching up over the day so are perfect for college or when you're on the go and super busy with stuff.


7. Smoothie Star Body Milk - Soap & Glory 
This was a gift so I'm not totally sure of the price, but I love all Soap & Glory products and at the moment, this is my fave! It's such a good moisturizer to quickly rub on after the shower or bath and it makes your legs super soft and gets rid of dry spots. HOWEVER, I wouldn't recommend this for someone who wants to moisturize their legs before going out as it does give them an odd shine which kinda makes your legs look a little greasy. But pop it on the night before and it's ace for smoothie-smooth legs!




 8. L'Oreal Paris Studio Line #TXT Wave Creating Spray £3.79
So I bought this because I really wanted a salt spray that would create messy waves in my hair like when you go to beach, without the hassle of trekking down to Skeggy with a bucket and washing my hair in the pooey sea. I'd used another product (L'Oreal Paris Studio Line Matt and Messy: Salt Spray) and it sucked. The results from my first try are shown below, and to be honest I was rushing so I don't know how the results will be when i try again. My only criticism is that it made my hair completely dry but the roots were left looking greasy. 



9. Hand Food - Soap & Glory
Straight up fabuleux! I got this also as a late Christmas pressie so once again, clueless of the price!
The smell of this is absolutely divine, mmmmm. But I always manage to put too much on my hands..
Such a great hand softener, second favorite S&G product right now!

Cheers for taking a look at my post, let me know if you want anything expanding on!

em xo

No comments:

Post a Comment